The Boyacheks

The Boyacheks

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Busy Day

Well we got things rolling today. I talked with our agency 3 times, made copies of our CIS aproval, birth certificates and marriage license, typed 2 letters, sent one by fax, went to the post office and sent our request for another fingerprint appointment and went to the doctors to pick up another medical letter, among other errands. I have been busy, but it feels sooooo good to be doing things that get us closer to our kids! Tonight Jim had a basketball game and while they were warming up I took the kids pictures out of my purse and just looked at them and prayed for them and started to tear up thinking how I could love these 3 so much that I am ready to go to the ends of the earth for them and I don't even know them yet. I have only had their pictures for 4 days. I think my heart has just grown 100 times bigger :) And to think that God loves us so much more than that!

6 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

It is so fun watching people in this phase...as I remember when we initially received our referral. The love of God is so awesome! And how these children consume so much, and like you said you don't even know them! It's God's love...I can't wait to hear how the rest of your story will be written! And of course, can't wait for pictures! We will be praying for Mami y Papi y ninos! Congrats!

PS. Andrew's teacher told me that the referral pic is like your ultrasound pic, the first pic you ever see of your child! I thought that was pretty cool! You guys will make awesome parents!

Bill and Melodie said...

I know what you mean about loving someone you ahve never even met. That's how we feel about Fernanda... I can't wait till we can get together with our kiddos! Your 8 year old will have to teahc us some Spanish!

Kimberly said...

Yours is such a apt portrayal of how precious and full of love our adoption into the family of God is. He loves us just like you said you love your new 3. I remember someone commenting to me not long after we got Noah and it really explained how I could feel such an instant and strong emotion so for someone so technically (but not emotionally) unfamiliar. She said, You love them because they're YOURS. And that is how/why the Father loves us... just because we are his. And so it is with those three pics that cause you to tear up over...because they are yours and it feels so good to know!

Still grinning because I am so happy with and for you!

Kimberly

The Smith's said...

Boy do I know how those busy errand days go. Not too long ago we had to update all of our paperwork and get refingerprinted too. We pray that this journey moves quickly and safely for you. God is watching over all of you and the love that he has put in your heart for these children is amazing. It is amazing the amount of love that you can have in your heart for these small children that you have never met before, but you do.

May God continue to bless the two of you and these precious children of yours as well.

We can't wait to meet them.

Love
Jeff & Becky

Anonymous said...

When are you coming to town to go shopping?!?!?! I'm so there!!

Beth said...

Hey there, it has been a bit since you got your referral. We have prayer group tonight and will keep you in our prayers. Anything specific you need us to remember on your behalf? Just let us know. Shoot me an email or put out a post for us...babshollis@fuse.net
God Bless.

Colombia