The Boyacheks

The Boyacheks

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Road Trip!

Man, I can't believe it has been this long since I posted last. I have been getting emails from friends telling me I better update or else.... :)
So, I took the 3 kids and the dog on an 11 hour road trip to Orlando to see my family. Everyone kept telling me I was crazy, but the kids did so good! Jim was very busy traveling to 5 different states in the 1 week, so I thought it was a good time to go. We left at 8:30 in the morning and got in at night with Jaysa sleeping only 20 minutes and listen to this, No TV (DVDs). I didn't really plan it that way but I started out wanting to see how long they could go before breaking out the dvd player and before I new it we were there! Jaysa did get fussy at times but I kept pulling out different toys and little snacks and for the most part that seemed to work.
My mom and I took the kids to Universal and Islands on monday only hitting the things for kids and they Loved it! I loved the fact that when we saw Shrek and Donkey, Donkey spoke spanish to them! It was so cute!! We had 2 days where we just stayed at the house, swam and did a little shopping. One day we had a lot of family and friends come by to meet the kids during the whole day, and the last day we went to Aquatica, which is Sea Worlds new water park and it was SO much fun!
We are back now and my mom is here for a few days. It feels good to be back home and the kids did pretty well. So here are some pics!









My Little Princessa


Catalina dancing in the streets with the entertainers waiting on Shrek








The 2 kids with Tio Shaun


They had a lazy river where you went by a fish tank and also the dolphin area and Catlaina and Mami Loved watching the Dolphins!!

6 comments:

Alison said...

You are my new hero!! I am still impressed that you made it down there in one day all by yourself.

Thought about you guys a lot with all the fireworks :). Please let us know when you are in town again - we still need to get out there and see the new house!

Kimberly said...

Oh, so glad to hear how the trip went! You definately trumped our trip to Middle GA where the DVD player was a godsend again...and that was only a 6 hr. trip, with only 1 kid.

Alison is right...you are also one of my heros. Or else you are very naive and very lucky all in one stroke!!

hagerty said...

Hi Jaime,

I am Jan (blog Hagerty @ CHI). I have followed your blog faithfully. I love it! I love the positive attitude and outgoing spirit you guys had in Colombia. We are kinda the same way. I was hoping I could take some of your time to email you about some specific things. We should be travelling soon to get our group of 3. They will go with the three we have. If you are game please let me know @ jacksonhagerty@msn.com I think you could give me some advice related to adoption challenges.

Thanks Jan

David and Sheila Derr said...

Holy cow! That was an awesome road trip...and one brave soul! Ha! No, really, it is fun to see that you guys are doing well. Your blog is wonderful to read...the pictures are awesome!

Bill and Melodie said...

SO jealous you got to meet Shrek! After a couple hour stroll around Antigua with my girls, I can't imagine an 11 hour drive with them, yet...

The Smith's said...

Jaime,

Wow, you were very brave. I am glad to hear that the kids did so well in the car. Glad you got to spend time with your family and that your mom was able to come down and spend some time with you here.

Miss you guys.

Jeff, Becky & Noah

Colombia