The Boyacheks

The Boyacheks

Thursday, October 23, 2008

OK, OK, OK

I have been receiving many emails requesting an update :) I am so sorry to our faithful readers, that there has been no update for so long. So where to start? Juliana has been doing really well in school. She is surprising everyone at how fast she is learning and catching up to other students. She really is a very smart girl. On her report card she had 1 A 2 B's and a C. And she has continued to do better in her spelling and vocabulary which has been her hardest subject. Her favorite day is Monday because that is music day and she is learning to play the recorder. She is not allowed to bring it home, so I have not heard her play but she talks about it all the time. She has played soccer this fall and we are so proud of her. Her games have been fun to watch and she says she likes it when we are yelling at her from the sidelines helping out. I never thought I would be a mom that does that because I always hated it when my parents did it, but there I am jumping out of my seat and shouting, (sometimes) :) She still has her moments of testing us, but she is such a beautiful, sweet, smart girl and we have continued to be amazed at what God is doing in her life!
John is such joy! It has taken him a little longer to catch up understanding and speaking English but he is off and running now. He is such a talker and talks about everything. There hasn't been a day though that he hasn't gotten in trouble for doing something crazy like, putting rocks in the toilet or hanging on the towel rack and pulling out of the wall and making a big hole. One day he decided to go through the mail on the counter and riped everything up. We are on number 6 times of writing on the wall or couch with whatever he finds. He is definitely a boy. He too has been playing soccer, if you can call holding hands with his girl teammate and running up and down the field, playing soccer :) The one time he actually kicked the ball it was into the other teams goal. I think we will wait a little bit longer before we put him in another sport. I just don't know that he will be playing many sports. He is very good at putting things together like puzzles and loves to help his Dad work out in the yard. He goes to preschool one day a week and loves it!
Jaysa has started the terrific 2's. She had a birthday 3 weeks ago and we have started getting her interested in potty training. I have discovered this is going to be fun (not). She is such a cutie though and is interested in everything. She loves her brother and copies everything he does. One great praise report is that a few weeks ago I took her back for more x-rays of her hip and the Doctor said she is fine, no more hip dysplasia!! She has been sleeping great without her brace.
Jim and I have been enjoying being parents to these three wonderful kids. I don't think we could have been blessed with better kids. With every new day we feel more and more like we have been together all along. I will admit that some days have been tough for me. I thought I would immediately feel like a mom and it has taken me a little longer to get settled into my new life as a stay at home mom to 3 kids. I have been learning so much and I love that Gods mercies and grace are new every morning! Especially when I have a bad day, it gives me such joy knowing that tomorrow is a new day and new opportunity to do things differently!
Here are some recent picks!

At a friends wedding


Happy B-day Jaysa!









My parents stayed with the kids while I went on a business trip with Jim to Arizona. Our first time without the kids. They did great and it was such a fun time for us!




My mom had a bag of figs and Jaysa preceded to eat the whole bag by keeping her mouth full of them. It was quite funny:)


My happy Boy!


A good friend of ours brought home there 2 precious jewels from Guatamala and we spent some time with them playing at the park. This is her oldest Fernanda! Isn't she a cutie :)

9 comments:

Beth said...

Good to hear a report. I was just thinking about you guys. Gald you're doing well.

The Smith's said...

Thanks for the update. I have been checking frequently and we are glad to hear that things are going well. God is so amazing and his timing is a true blessing in our lives.

I am so glad that your family is finally together and blossoming so nice.

Hopefully we can get our kids together sometime soon.

Love & Miss you

Becky

Donna said...

Great to see an update. You are doing better than us with your blog. I went from May to October without an update.

Sounds so similar to our house. They are also playing soccer. But its looks like you are all doing great.

Donna Krebs

Alison said...

I love all the pictures, but my favorites have to be Jaysa with the hat and also with the figs - love it!

So glad you and Jim got away. Garet and I make it a priority to get away at least once a year for our sanity!

Oh, and it took me about 6 months to get used to mommyhood...so, know that you aren't alone!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi There!

The kids all look so wonderful and just beaming with joy. I love to here that Juliana is getting along wonderfully at school and progressing...YAY! John looks super cute with the long hair, just like a little California surfer. The stories of John are so funny, I bet he can relate to the character David in the "No, David!" series. That was the first thing that came to mind when I was reading the blog.
It is so wonderful to hear that Jaysa no longer has hip dysplasia. She also looks like she's gaining weight, she really looks so cute!
We think about you guys all of the time and we are so happy that we got to spend such a special time in our lives with you in Bogota. We were just watching our encuentro video the other day and there you guys were in the background when they brought Alejandra into the room to meet us. While you guys were solidifying your family at ICBF we were just beginning ours. So amazing!

Take care!
Debi

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update. I love how positive you guys are. I like to believe we are the same. We leave to pick up our kids on the 15thish. So exciting.

Jan in Alaska

Judy said...

Very fun to get an update from you guys. It's great to know that you're all doing well. Soccer sounds like a lot of fun!!

Anonymous said...

Yes! It's about time! (: I love the pictures, and it's good to hear you're all doing well. Let's talk soon! Love you - D

Kimberly said...

So glad to hear the updates! And so glad I thought to check one more time here on your blog!

Colombia