The Boyacheks

The Boyacheks

Sunday, June 1, 2008

First week on my own...

Well, this last week Jim has been in full swing at work and both of our parents went back home. Things went better then I thought they would. I have discovered that Catalina loves to help me in the kitchen! She pulls up a chair and wants to help do whatever needs to be done to make the food and even enjoys washing a few dishes :) We have been trying to work on english and a few times I have caught her in her room trying to say certain words. It is so cute. She really has a sweet personality. We are still trying to work on when I say something she needs to listen and she doesn't get everything she wants, but I know most kids deal with that. Most of the time she really helps her younger siblings out and is very loving to them. I am still trying to get her to be the kid and not feel like she has to take care of John especially. She is doing pretty good at letting go of some of that.
John is such a funny kid. He loves to make people laugh and is just so cute. We have discovered he likes to lie, so we are working on that one. Today he started to tell me a lie and then I asked him a few more times and he had this look on his face like he wanted to tell me the truth but it wouldn't come out and then he just said he was sorry without answering me. It was pretty cute :)
Jaysa has always gone to bed without much of a problem but all of a sudden she fliped a switch and now will scream bloody murder if I am not with her until she falls a sleep.
We have still been very busy getting things done around the house. We were able to lay our front yard this weekend with some great help, and put together a swingset. The kids all received bikes this week! They thought it was the greatest gift ever! All they did was talk about their new bikes. How they received their bikes is a really cool story!! A new friend that has been watching our blog and has a heart for the Colombian people asked if he could buy them this gift. We have never met this man - but only God could ordain such a wonderful present for these kids in such a cool way. I don't know if he'd want is name on this blog, but thank you for the wonderful smiles you have given us and the kids this week.

Jim and I are so fortunate. We have had a few hard times this week but nothing from what we expected. Catalina had a rough go at it with the doctor as she was getting a shot. It took 3 of us to hold her down! What fun that was!!! They are all still very much water nuts and usually are in the pool from 5-6 hours a day. Catalina is already doing flips off the diving board and ever Jaysa is getting into the action.

Sorry my updates have been far from regular, but I am getting into a system now and should be able to post a little more as I learn to catch my breath. I am off to bed to tackle another day with the 3 best kids! We love these guys so much!

















4 comments:

Kimberly said...

All I can say is WOW at getting to see you guys all at home together and hear how things are falling into place!

LOVE the hands in the cement! How special!

Bill and Melodie said...

Is that Israel in the cowboy hat?

Alison said...

Yea for an update! We hope to get together with you all soon! So exciting about the bikes!

D and Moni said...

Sorry the last month has been hectic for me as school ended and summer school began. But I just wanted to stop in and say hello. Looks like you are adjusting really well! Your family is just so cute! The pictures are a blast! I really look forward to that time when everything settles into "normality" after traveling. But right now, just traveling would be nice. I am living vicariously through all the blogs of families returning home! So thanks for sharing your life with all of us! Monica

Colombia