The Boyacheks

The Boyacheks

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We are coming Home!!!!!!!

What a busy day. I left at 7:30am and we had to go to 2 different Notary places to get the kids birth certificates. Usually you request it 1 day and then pick it up the next so we were hoping to get it done today. Well 4 an a half hours later we were able to get it done!! We then came back to the B&B to get the kids and had a quick bite and left to go get them passports. We picked up another couple at the other B&B and we all went together. We pretty much were running everywhere we went. David who took us to the passport office is great. We skipped a head in line of about 100 people. The place was filled with people but our guy knows some people here :) He then ran us to the doctors office and left us there. The doc was real nice and spoke pretty good english. We finally finished about 6 pm. What a great blessing to be able to get all that done today! SO that means we will be coming home on Saturday!!! I am so excited and so are the kids!!! Tomorrow we go to the US embassy to apply for visas which they say we will be there about 4 hours. So I am off to bed to get ready for another long day!




This is funny where they didn't tell me the kids had to wear dark colors and she had white on and so did I, but thanks to our french friends the husband let Leidy wear his top shirt. It was a bit big, but it did the trick!!



14 comments:

Alison said...

I love the picture with the passports! How beautiful! Jim gave Melodie & I the great news earlier today. So exciting!!!

The Jensen Family said...

Celebrate! Congrats on having an official return-home date. I'm sure you all are beside yourselves with excitement!

Traci

Bill and Melodie said...

yea!!!!!!

Laura S said...

Congratulations on accomplishing so much in such a short time! You guys had a fast turn around! I know you are very excited to get the kids home and move on to the next phase of the process.

Kimberly said...

Oh happy, happy times! The kids must be beside themselves!

Carina said...

Congratulations on your 3 beautiful, precious children. Enjoy your last days in Colombia.
Regards
Carina (AdoptColombia list & a very blessed Mum to Diana)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoooooo!!!! How exciting and exhausting at the same time. I'm sure you can keep that adrenaline flowing as you rush to attend to the last minute things!!!

I have that incredible joy and excitement in my gut when someone has a baby. Except that feeling has happened many times now on your journey! It makes me instinctively jump into my van and drive as fast as I can down the highway to meet them!
Well, I don't think that will happen but with every niece and nephew that feeling comes and goes and usually I have to wait until an appropriate and planned out time to visit! How boring I know.
I wonder if John would notice if I just left him a note saying "went to meet the new fam!" Maybe Heather could do the same thing and we could meet up on the highway?!!!!
You are each loved and prayed for!
We are shamelessly jealous of not getting to meet the kids with the grandparents and friends!
Love Sandy

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Thats super exciting that you guys are coming home this weekend. Im leaving on my drive back home too. Safe travels to all, see you some time.

love cuz

Nicole said...

That's great news! Only a few more days!

Judy said...

Such exciting news!!! We're praying that the blessings will continue as you wrap up this part of your journey in Colombia!

Anonymous said...

that's awesome news. woohoo!!! looking forwarded to be meeting the neices and nephew soon.

Anonymous said...

Jaime!!! I am so excited for you all!!! Is Jim coming back down to help as you travel home? What a whirl-wind for him! I can't wait to talk to you when you get back! Congratulations! So exciting! Love you- D

Jonathan Killen said...

Awesome!!! God is good!

Ben & Kate said...

Jaime!!! I can't believe you guys are coming home!! I can't wait to talk to you. I hope that the traveling goes smoothly. Seriously, can you belive it?!

Ben & Kate

Colombia