The Boyacheks

The Boyacheks

Saturday, April 19, 2008

crazy wonderful

OK, here we are sitting in the Atlanta airport where we get to hang out for 5 hours! What a whirlwind it has been the last few days. Let me start with the wonderful... Thursday my Mom#2 and I spent the entire day out shopping, picking up gifts, and getting all the meticulous things we need for the next 4+ weeks, Whew! The good thing about the day was that I planned out all the stops and exactly what I needed to get. Jim was very proud as he terms this "purpose driven shopping". That night, my sweet friends from our old church, "the Brook" gave me a kids shower at Ruby Tuesdays. I again am overwhelmed by their generosity for our children and their love for me and Jim. On my way home, I teared up thinking of them and how wonderful it has been knowing each of them and the support they have given us. Thanks for everything guys!

And then.... Friday happened. I left to get my hair cut and while I was gone, my inlaws were working around the house when they heard a large BOOM! While this noise is a very familiar sound around our place as Jim works for a Fireworks company, they knew he was at work so it must be something else. After some quick running around, they realized that one of the water pipes in the basement had forcefully disengaged and was pouring water rapidly into our new house. Some quick thinking by my DAD#2 found the water cut off valve and was able to get that stopped. After multiple trips by different plumbers and a new water heater, 10 hours we had water again...

The day was quite hectic as packing took us most of the day. It is amazing how much it takes to pack when you are traveling for a month and for 3 expectant little muchachos... Somehow around midnight we were able to rest our heads for a few hours until we left early this morning for the airport. Since arriving in Atlanta, we found a nice little corner that we can chill and just meditate on the next few days. Oh yeah, we just found out that we are staying at La Zuetena as there was a Chicken Pox outbreak at the place we were going to stay.

This is Jim writing now. I am finally making an entry! Anyway, so far so good. Everything has been a complete blessing and we thank God for all the things that have taken place this last week. (Even the pipe bursting!) It all makes for some great laughter - especially after it is done.. This reminds me of one of my favorite sayings... "Life is a storm...One day you will bask in the sunlight, the next you will be shattered on the rocks. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes". We have been thru many ups and downs these last 2 years, but would not change anything for this unbelievable ride. It has changed our lives, strengthened our faith and brought us closer to so many people in our lives. We love you all and can't wait to share with you the next few weeks! Thanks to all that have supported us thru this, for friends at TNT, Church, Huntsville, Florida, Canada, Yahoo groupies, Liberty alumni buddies, Missions friends and to our awesome family. This is what life is all about... You have all become our extended family!

13 comments:

Alison said...

Love it!!! I'm so excited for you - you all are all I can think of today! Almost there!

Jacq & Jason said...

We are praying for you! I can't wait to read more from your adventures. I love the suitcase picture.
Jacq

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Yeah!!! Congrats! Can't wait to see how everything goes!!! Will be praying!

Jenn said...

WOO HOOOO Jaime and Jim!!! I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear more so I hope you can and do update a lot while you're in Colombia! We are praying for your safe journey, for smooth transitions and deep bonds to form quickly for your new family!

Dios te bendiga!
jenn

Jennifer said...

YIPPPPEEEE!!! I can't believe it's time!! I'm SO excited to follow your journey - can't wait to see pictures!!!!!

Jennifer

Brian and Penny said...

Almost there........peace and blessings to you before the big day! Are you taking anyone with you to help with all the suitcases?

Penny

Anonymous said...

Hello Jim and Jaime! I have been thinking about you guys all week and wanted to come by to say hello but knew you were busy busy!!

Sorry that happened with the water pipe, good it didn't happened while you were gone!

Safe travels and look forward to hearing about your adventure!

This is so exciting! We will be praying for you guys daily:)

Jason and Jerica Wood

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys, hope to meet up with you in Bogota! Just one more day until you become Mami and Papi.

Nicole said...

Praying for you guys! Try to enjoy your last few days but really how can you? Have fun! Looking forward to reading about your travels!

Jason & Jerica Wood said...

Just created a blog account:) Trying it out....

Again so excited for you guys!!!

Bill and Melodie said...

So glad to see you're on your way. Jim, I saw your parents doing a little kiddo shopping today... Can't wait for you to see and hold and hug your sweet children!

Kimberly said...

OH MY GOSH!!! It is noonish on Sunday now and that can only mean you have less than 24 hours before you meet the kiddos!!

I know it probably isn't possible for me to be as excited as you are right now, but I sure feel it!!

Dying to hear how things kick off tomorrow. Praying for you all the while!
Kimberly :)

D and Moni said...

I am so excited for you I can hardly wait for you to arrive! I am finding though that something unusual happens to almost everyone either before or after they travel to pick up their children...so i am curious, but prepared for anything once our day arrives! So glad the trip has gone well so far. I will be praying for all to go smoothly!

Colombia