The Boyacheks

The Boyacheks

Friday, April 25, 2008

Day 5!

Alright, this is Jim in charge now. It has been quite the week as most of you can see. I would have to say that it has been the best week of my life! The experience of being in Bogota Colombia is amazing enough but to be able to spend this experience with Jaime and add these 3 precious ninos to our family has been awesome.

Sleeping is a lot of fun. Jhon and Leidy have pushed their bed up against ours and now are moving onto our bed. Jhon is a very active sleeper if that is possible. They both woke up and rolled over and kissed and hugged us saying Te Quiero Mami and Papi. It feels so good to hear that from them!

For some of you that are concerned about this place - don't be. It is very safe here and the people here are amazing. Everyone is very helpful, very sweet and if we ever get lost, they are more than happy to help. Kinda like the South. The weather is awesome here also. It is 70 degrees year round here, basically 24 hours a day, although being right on the equator and so high up, it is very easy for us white people to get burned.

I don't think I can say enough good about the coffee! I don't think I have ever enjoyed it as much as it tastes so much more rich. Joe, I did run into Juan Bondez early this morning at a coffee shop named Juan Valdez Cafe. I will have to get some pictures of this, but he gave me a route of the best way to get the kids back. He told me they often import many things thru this route including some things disguised as coffee. I really am starting to question your choice in friends - although he does serve a mean cup of coffee.

Today we woke up watching some spanish cartoons and then the girls played dress up. Each day, Jaime introduces Leidy to a new outfit and she gets soooo excited! It has been great for them to bond in this way. Jhon and I hung out playing some Jenga and putting a few puzzles together. He loves puzzles but when I pulled out this one that had about 1000 pieces, he said, "no gracias papi." Maybe when we get home to America.

Lunch was fantastic as we went to a pizza place that was like Chuck E Cheeze on Steroids. The kids didn't eat much but they had a ton of fun. Somehow Jaime got confused and thought she was one of the kids as she went down the slides more then the kids. Stefani is really making herself at home now. She picks stuff up and brings it over to us and says something like, "yeahrer." I think that translated in English means, "What is this and can I play with it?"

Mom and Leidy just went out to do laundry. Leidy really likes to clean, wash, iron and take pictures. For all of you asking, we do hire out on a contract basis, but of course all of this will be under the table. Please contact me confidentially as costs vary.

Now that I am a Dad, I think of the 2 most important things my Dad taught me.
#1. If you can't say anything nice, say it.
#2. There are only 2 things that I can't fix. Broken Hearts and Broken Balloons.

Well Dad, I don't think you had to deal with Chinese toys like we do these days. I think the total lifespan of these toys are 3-4 hours max. Good luck fixing this stuff. One thing I haven't seen yet that I think would be great is a gun belt, but instead of having a gun, having multiple magazines of kleenex on it. What do you think Dad, could this be rigged up?

I am loving being a Dad though. I truly love Jhon, Leidy and Stefani and this is a blast. They are incredibly affectionate so if any of you are ever down, come on over to our house when we get back and you will be hugged to death. Of course, you will be coerced into playing some games and maybe a little dress up.
Thank you all for following our journey during this special time in our lives. We are overwhelmed by all your support. We love you all!



Leidy teaching Jim how to read





We are gone to a zoo all day tomorrow so our post won't be until very late. Have a great night everyone...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So surprised to see an early posting for Day 5! So I called Mom with the update just so we could cry again! We have shed many tears of joy this week. I do of course describe the pictures in great detail, outfits, location, backgrounds etc. Ben is waking up before 7 each day to go and read your blog and drag us out of bed as well!! He will write a note another day. Grandma and Grandpa can hardly wait for airport day and receiving some of those hugs and kisses!

Love you all,
Sandy

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

You guys really are such a beautiful family! Congratulations!

Can't wait to see pics from the zoo!

Alison said...

I totally agree with the kleenex thing. We have so many boxes in our house and the kleenex goes so fast! Thanks for posting, Jim!

Kimberly said...

I had been wondering what Jim's take was on this first week so far! Day well described!

You are troopers to fill a day with 3 busy young-uns, explore another country, and then live to blog about it each day! You must be running on excitement alone!

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from Jim! He always knows how to put things in perspective! Have fun at the zoo!

-Bill

Bev Wilkins said...

So great to read each night how you are doing. I am keeping all the pictures in a file. I want to watch them grow up even from a distant. Can't wait to meet my nieces and nephew. Have a great day at the zoo. I love zoos wish I was there too. Take good pictures.

Love you all

Aunt B

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim and Jaime and family,
Your Mom got me on the Internet to see your blog- I loved it all. I am so proud of you and I am anxious to see you and meet the children- my nieces and nephew.
Love, Aunt Barbara

The Jensen Family said...

How blessed you are to be having such a smooth journey with kids who seem to be adapting so well. And you guys look like real pros as parents! There could not have been a better fit than the five of you! You can tell you were all just meant to be together.

Traci

angel said...

I look forward to reading your new posts everyday! I am so thankful everything is going wonderful! Jaime is doing a great job on the fashionable outfits for Leidy, love the teal and white!!! What an awesome pic of Mami and her baby! You two look so natural as parents!!! It is so great to see your hearts as you write. You two are truly an inspiration to me. If and when you make it back down to Florida as a family of 5, I look forward to meeting these little angels. sending my love and prayers! ~Angel

Alison said...

Hey, if you get a chance, would you blog about the language barrier? Are you using translators, hand motions, signs?? Has it been difficult to communicate?

I, of course, have hundreds of questions, but that is one I was wondering about the most :)

TheBecksJourney said...

I love walking through this process with you guys! Thank you for the detailed posts each day...I feel like I am there! :-) God has truly blessed you with an adorable family!!! I can't wait to meet the kiddos. Know that we love you and are praying for you!
Love, Margaret & Doug

Ben & Kate said...

I don't know that I've ever shed as many tears of joy as I have this week. It is so sweet to see all of you together at last. We're praying for all of you and love you so much!

Ben & Kate

The Smith's said...

What an amazing family you have. I know that you are treasuring all this time that you are speding with your children and enjoying the country where they were born. We continue to pray for safe travels and easy transtions for you all.

Love
Jeff, Becky & Noah

Colombia