The Boyacheks

The Boyacheks

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day 4 !

His shirt says it all!



My Little Monkeys







Well last night we all slept pretty good! Jhon has a little cough, but slept through the night.
We had a lazy morning and Jhon decides he wants to plug the drain in the shower with his towel and before we knew it he had made himslf a little pool. Well, Leidy decides she wants to get back in the shower and swim around in the water too. They were so cute :) We went to frisbys again for lunch and they got this really cool windsurfer dude with the kids meal. So, they were trying to tell us something , but we didn't understand and as soon as we got back to the B&B clothes went flying and the water came on again for round 2 except they had a toy to play with this time. Oh my!
Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it :( Next time!
Some of the people organized a trip to the mall to go bowling so I took Jhon and Leidy while Jim stayed with Stefani as she slept. Well Jhon didn't like bowling b/c he didn't like that his balls went into the gutter and there was an arcade that he wanted to play in. So we only bowled for about 15 minitues then played at the arcade. I was happy to see that they were content going to all the different rides without asking for money to acctually make them work :)


We then went to get shoes for leidy to wear with her dress and Jhon found these flip flops that he really wanted and made the sad face until I caved in to get those for him too. Man was he excited and saying gracias mami! He is such a cutie. We took a taxi back to the B&B and the driver got lost. We were close and Leidy was telling him to go one way as I was telling him to go the other. It was kinda funny. Good thing the driver was nice and had a sense of humor.
This evening has been a little tough as Stefani has been fussing and screaming. I think her ear is hurting her so I gave her a little medicine and put her to bed. So far so good. I may have to have the doctor come by tomorrow and check it out. The doctors make house calls for about $20. How cool is that!

Also, at dinner they had some thick red juice and Leidy was drinking it and it went all over her shirt and pants. We said "oh man" and she had this sad smile on her face and after about 3-4 mintues she says she'll be rigth back. Jim went to check on her after about 5 mintues and he found her in a new outfit scrubbing her clothes with a bar a soap in the sink. It brought tears to our eyes. She got all of it out of her clothes though. What a sweet child :)

So until mannana!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st comment! Yessssss!

Honestly I can think of anything more awesome going on than what you guys are doing in Bogata. I am just in awe. Ya'll totally ROCK! Jhon totally reminds me of our little cuz Landon, expressions and the whole bowling thing to a tee, we need to get them together sometime and see what kind of trouble they can get into. What Leidy did was so crazy, no american kid would ever do that now adays, they are going to be so appreciative of all the love you guys have in store for them. well back to the studies I am avoiding by reading your blog....Melodie's going to get on me for reading blogs instead of studying hehe...

I pray God keeps pouring out blessings and bonding,
Bill

janine said...

It is so fun to read your posts and see the pictures! It looks as if things are really going brilliantly!

There are so many things about Leidy that remind me of our daughter (past history that you've mentioned, mannerisms, behaviors, etc.). I think they'd be great friends if they ever met!

Continue to enjoy yourselves!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime, Jim and kids-
Reading your blog is almost like being there- it helps us deal with having to wait to see them. We love the pictures- Don't worry Jhon- your Abruela doesn't like bowing either!We are very proud of you Leidy - what a smart girl.
Love you all-
Love, Mom and Dad
Abruela and Abruelo

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Oh my goodness! Leidy is gorgeous!!! What a lady, too, I must add! Jim is going to have to bat off the boys!!!

Funny you mentioned monkeys! Andrew would call Tatiana "Mika" and she would call him "Miko"--for a long time...we would tell them they were our little monkeys (mika and mikos)! We even did their welcome home shower in Curious George!

Loving your pics! Jhon is quite the character, ey? He is adorable! And really smart!

Stefani -a cutie too! Three beautiful jewels! I'm thrilled everything is going so great! What a blessing! I pray that your next ICBF meeting go quickly and then to Sentencia...Have fun!

Bill and Melodie said...

What a sweet girl! She is going to be such a huge help at home. Boy are they going to be in awe when they see their new home! Hope Stefani is feeling better today.

Donna said...

Sounds like things are going great. Leidy is beautiful. She will be the one processing this all the most. My children love to look at the pictures and my Carol thinks she looks like Leidy and she wants her hair long like hers. Enjoy your time in Colombia. They are truly a blessing.
Donna Krebs

Children's Hope International said...

Leidy cleaning out her own shirt - touched me through and through. I love hearing your stories and seeing the kids look so happy. Love the photo on the overlook, too!

Jennifer N.

Unknown said...

I love reading the blogs, I have been sharing them with the inters too, every morning they ask about you guys. I can't tell you how happy I am for you guy, you are two special people, who have been blessed with three very beautiful and special children.

I hope you have a fun filled weekend!! Always in my thoughts and prayers.

Sarah said...

I had to say that I love the t-shirt!!! We are pretty new to CHI (also adopting siblings from Colombia) and I have become an avid blogstalker!!

It has been such a joy to keep up with your family. You have a lovely new family and the kids are soooo cute. Thanks for sharing your lives with us all.

You are all in our prayers!

Alison said...

Love Jhon's shirt - I need a couple of those for the kids! Second, if Leidy likes cleaning clothes, I've got plenty :)! What a great helper!!

Joy said...

I just found out about your blog and your kids!! I was so excited for you guys reading your story that it brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to hear about more of your adventures.

Colombia